Balearia Jaume III
Launched July 2019
The ship Jaume III (IMO: 9135884), is a modern fast ferry 81 meters long and reaches a maximum speed of 32 knots. It has the capacity to carry 651 passengers and 140 vehicles. Works on Jaume III concerned the following operations:
- Re-engines project: n.4 main engines renewed with new ones CATERPILLAR C280.
- Old main engines removal with ship’s floating, new main engines boarding with ship’s in dry dock (realization of shell technical openings).
- Complete modification of main engine allumnium foundations.
- Renewal and modification of all main engines stainless steel pipes for following system: air line, sea water line, gasoil line, HT and LT fresh water line, exhaust pipes.
- New main engines electric and automation system complete renewal.
- WARTSILA Waterjets overhauling in dry dock.
- T-foils installation.
- Carried out various repairs of hull alluminium plates.
- Installation of new fire dampers and ventilation fans (including electric and automation systems) , modification of side ventilation grids stbd and port side..
- VHP underwater area washing 3500 bar and silicon paint application.
Please, take a look to the complete video on our YouTube Channel