San Giorgio del Porto S.p.A. (SGdP) is a legacy shipyard with advanced facilities, having operated in the ship repair industry since 1928. Nowadays, SGdP is a global point of reference for the repair and conversion of all ship types, ro-pax vessel upgrades, as well as mid-range vessel construction projects. The shipyard’s portfolio includes famous clients and prestigious worldwide owners.
The SGdP yard is located close to the downtown area and the airport, with hotels within walking distance, offering customers easy transfers, saving them time and money.
Directly connected to highway, the yard is next to the town center and to the Cristoforo Colombo Airport (9 km). SGdP, together with its sister company CNdM - Chantier Naval de Marseille, operates eight dry-docks and over 2 km of equipped repair quays. The shipyard is capable of handling the largest vessels and is perfectly positioned to support the needs of the maritime, offshore and renewable energy sectors, providing specialized service and assistance 24/7/365.
San Giorgio del Porto is a Genoa-based shipyard that was founded in 1928 as a ship maintenance workshop and foundry by Ferdinando Garrè, who went by the same name as the current CEO.
While in the early years, the shipyard focused primarily on routine maintenance and repair operations (engaging in three main types of activity: mechanical, metal carpentry, and structural engineering), a glorious decade began after the war was over, in the 1950s.
SGdP used to specialize in propeller drive shafts and frequently had to work without tools that could substitute human efforts. Thus, it was often necessary to move huge weights by hand, or at best using hoists.
Thanks to 90 years of experience and a staff consisting of naval architects, mechanical engineers, a highly skilled workforce and emergency response teams trained by specialized technicians, San Giorgio del Porto is nowadays a top-notch Mediterranean shipyard capable of assisting any type of vessel (cruiser, offshore, chemical and gas carrier, military ship, etc.) all over the world.
The Genova Industrie Navali Holding Company is the product of an agreement between the San Giorgio del Porto Company (an important name in ship repairs), and Mariotti Company (specialising in the construction of ultra-luxury vessels) which, coincidentally, both share the same place and date of founding: Genoa (Italy), 1928.
Formed in 2008, this holding company, which is constituted solely of private companies, has the important role of coordinating and developing the activities of all the maritime companies directly affiliated with it.
With a medium total production value of 211 million euros, 500 employees, 260,000 square meters of available facilities, 2,828 meters of quay, 5 dry-docks in Genoa and 3 dry-docks in Marseille, Genova Industrie Navali is one of the most important shipbuilding and repair groups in the entire Mediterranean Basin.Visit the dedicated web site to know more Visit the site